Compass is looking for a Business Analyst with UX/UI experience to assist in the creation of specifications to enable the delivery of key features of the Compass platform.
This role would suit an entry level developer or recent graduate looking to move into a technical business analyst role. Interest in and experience with User Experience or User interface design is highly desirable.
Here at Compass we are less interested in what you have done and more interested in what you can do. So if you have a non-traditional background of skills but are a master communicator with technical nouse then we want to hear from you.
- Understand - Develop an intimate understanding of the Compass platform, and how it works.
- Assist and Communicate - Identify and prioritise changes to the Compass platform, through stakeholder and user feedback.
- Track - Document, develop, manage, and analyse business rules in our software.
- Refine - Analyse proposed roadmap enhancements, customer suggestions, and bugs in the software. Use your skills in UX/UI to enhance and improve the overall customer experience.
- Advise - Identify ways to make our support and development processes more efficient. Demonstrate your confidence in coming up with new ideas for feature changes and projects.
What we are looking for
Number one you must be an outstanding communicator in every sense of the word. We are looking for someone who can write well and interpret detailed specification documents and be able to write your own. Your English skills must be top notch.
Someone who can talk to all levels of the business with confidence, engaging with team members and asking probing questions to determine the best outcomes for the product. Detective work and the ability to communicate is at the heart of being a Business Analyst.
You must be able to navigate your way around a computer with ease. Do you have some tricks and programs up your sleeve that increase your productivity? Even better! Do you enjoy coding and learning about new developments in technology? Then you are the kind of person we need in the Business Analyst team.
- A basic understanding of code (.NET, Java, C#, SQL)
- Experience in UX/UI design
- An ability to write quality specifications for developers to follow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills; an ability to think outside the box and come up with clever solutions to complex problems
What else do you need
- Have an exceptional command of spoken and written English (native speaker or IELTS Level 9)
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have the appropriate working visa/permit.
- Send your application with a covering letter and resume to: email@example.com and attention it to the BA team.
- In addition to your resume, specifically address in your covering letter (dot points is fine) how you meet our key responsibilities.
Do not contact us if you’re a recruitment agency (we will put you on hold with John Farnham music).