Why do we do, what we do?
We love working with schools and strive to deliver new innovations, functional and process improvements as new technology becomes available. Our services are specifically designed to improve not only the school process, but also community culture and student learning outcomes. Compass is a product that genuinely provides students, teachers and parents with an improved educational experience. You can leave at the end of each day knowing you made a difference to a students education or helped make a staff members day just that little bit better.
Here is why we need you...
We are looking for a Business Development Executive based in Melbourne. The role is responsible for growing the Compass market share of public, Catholic and independent schools across Victoria. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, sourcing, qualifying and closing new opportunities. Responsibilities will cover the sales process from internal leads as well as qualifying new prospects and managing these deals to closure.
This is what you'll bring...
- 3+ years experience in a similar sales role with technology-based product ideally in SaaS platforms payments, education or software industries.
- Employ a consultative solution-selling methodology to facilitate customer evaluations and to help them understand Compass unique differentiation
- You are success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes, including KPIs and revenue targets
- Proven track record as high performing sales professional
- Experience with creating pricing proposals, negotiating terms and managing the contract process.
- You will have excellent communication skills directly tailored to Customer needs and experience in identifying and influencing key decision-makers and stakeholders
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment with the capability of identifying efficiencies and improvements where needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Understanding of the educational sector would be advantageous
This is what you'll be doing...
- Generate new business opportunities from both incoming leads and targeted outbound lead generation
- Learn, leverage, and help evolve our demand generation process and follow up on demand generation activities
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership and Marketing teams to develop a regional sales strategy and execution plan.
- End-to-end ownership of identifying, creating, developing, negotiating and closing opportunities
- Provide online or face to face demonstrations of the Compass platform as part of the sales process
- Keep up to date on the Compass Product and participate in regular training & informational sessions.
- Support and attend local and national marketing events
- Collaborate with the onboarding and training team to bring new Customers onto the Compass platform quickly & efficiently.
- CRM pipeline management including documenting, tracking and following up on all active opportunities
- Achieve or exceed quarterly/annual Qualified Opportunities and closed business
What's in it for you?
It is a really exciting time to join Compass. We are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us.
While no longer a startup, we have retained all the benefits for staff of a start-up culture which includes significant autonomy, the ability to provide feedback which is valued, opportunities to expand your Business Development career and a strong sense of delivery and execution.